Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: University Park
Posted on: June 24, 2022
About us:Norgren is part of global engineering organization IMI
plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in
a changing world and is focused on creating tremendous value by
solving key industry problems in attractive markets and working
with the best. Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative
engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid
technology, and we collaborate with our customers across more than
50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material
Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science and
Overview:This is a high energy, leadership position that requires a
passion for Continuous Improvement and the ability to drive change.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and facilitate
continuous improvement in all of the facilities core processes
including Materials, Engineering, Operations, Quality and
Maintenance. This is done through utilization of lean manufacturing
principles, time studies and the application of other continuous
improvement tools and methodologies.
- Establish and develop systems which reinforce and encourage
data-based decisions to drive value stream enhancement and
- Works across the organization to ensure consistent approach,
format, data integrity, and decision processes are deployed and in
use throughout the facility.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to attain product quality,
efficiency, and process repeatability.
- Develop and implement through direct team leadership,
continuous improvement initiatives resulting in productivity
improvements through deployment of methodologies such as SMED,
POKE-A-YOKE, KAN BAN, KAIZEN, PULL SYSTEM and others as
- Analyze manufacturing responsibilities throughout the plant and
work to improve them. Help drive/sustain a continuous improvement
- Drive visual management into all aspects of the manufacturing
- Establish new processes to eliminate waste and streamline flow
and processes using lean methodologies
- Lead, coach, and mentor multiple improvement teams to affect
- Create/measure/maintain processes for production business unit
work centers on lean principles and link it to employee's everyday
- Work with executive and corporate staff in the development of
strategic plans to further the performance of the business through
the utilization of Continuous Improvement methodologies and
- Act as a champion and leader in the development, implementation
and sustaining of various continuous improvement projects and
- Will provide weekly reports and conduct periodic presentations
to UP and Norgren levels of management.
- Develop and facilitate improved relationships that encourage
increased participation in the overall improvement process.
- Actively develops current state Value Stream Maps and works
with staff to develop and implement future state Value Stream Maps
that address and reduce the 7 wastes of Lean.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper
- Demonstrates positive relations, leadership and teamwork as
established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the
- Lead problem solving activities in manufacturing operations to
quickly identify and permanently resolve quality and productivity
- Train and develop employees ensuring adequate support and
appropriate training is provided to advance their development
within the organization.
- Change agent, driving culture change in a way that engages all
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering 3 year of Experience of
combined Continuous Improvement Implementation & Leadership in a
- Demonstrated to have managed and led Kaizen events
- Experience in developing various process documentation (SOP,
- Experience in operational performance evaluation
- Experience in implementing Continuous Improvement
- Lean/Six Sigma green or black belt
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated Leadership experience in the coordinating and
facilitation of successful continuous improvement teams.
- Well versed in Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex situations and
collect data to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Have advanced knowledge of the various quality systems tools
and techniques (Advanced Problem Solving, APQP, etc.)
- Possess proven project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives
with budget limits and time constraints.
- Strategic thinking skills, and the ability to effectively
translate strategy into operating methodology and results.
- Successfully interacted with cross-functional teams. Strong
analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Computers and Technology:
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, & Teams).
What IMI can offer you:At IMI, one of our top priorities is to
create an inclusive culture of health. We strive to remove barriers
to care (whether that be physical or financial) and in doing so, we
offer choice for all your health and wellbeing needs.
See below for a general overview of our amazing perks and
- Multiple health plans to choose from: HMO, PPO and High
Deductible Health Plans with a low-cost share
- Full suite of voluntary benefits to tap into, including but not
limited to: Pet insurance, critical illness insurance, concierge
services, legal insurance, commuter benefits (if applicable), and
home & auto insurance.
- Employer contribution for Health Savings Account, and in many
cases free virtual telemedicine, and teletherapy.
- Best-in-class 401K plan with zero vesting and up to 6%
- Mental Health and wellness programs to support you and your
- Short & long-term disability as well as basic life insurance at
2x your basic salary at no cost to the employee.
- Free financial advisors, webinars, and classes through Charles
**Benefits plans change year over year, but we have guiding
principles in place to ensure our employees have the tools and
resources available to stay connected and up to date**
Health & Safety:The physical demands described within the Key
Duties & Responsibilities section of this job description are
representative of those that must be met by all members of the
workforce at IMI to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is
regularly required to be independently mobile. The individual is
also required to frequently interact with a computer and
communicate with colleagues. Contact your local HR representative
to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that
may be specific to each role. Health, Safety, and Environmental
Duties - All members of our workforce have the duty to ensure the
health, safety and welfare of themselves, others, and the
Here at IMI, we value our workforce, our wellbeing, and our
professional working environment. The Cardinal Rules for HSE have
been designed to act as a guide for all:
Take Personal Responsibility and Accountability for Collective
Safety, Observe and Use Proper Lifting Techniques, Respect Machine
Guarding Systems, Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Perform
Hazardous Energy Control (Lock Out-Tag Out), and Operate Powered
Industrial Vehicle Safety. These rules are designed to keep our
employees safe and if not followed, can have serious consequences
to you, your co-workers, and our business. All members of the
workforce are expected to adhere to all safety policies and
Code of Ethics:Norgren requires the highest standard of ethics in
all business dealings, particularly with customers, suppliers,
advisors, employees and the authorities. In accordance with the IMI
Way: Our Code of Responsible Business.
Norgren is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Norgren, Joliet , Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineering , University Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!