Posted on: June 23, 2022
Perform tasks involving physical labor at Kankakee warehouse.
Under direct supervision of Site Manager, performs support to
warehouse efforts on general shop labor and maintenance tasks. Must
have diesel engine experience.Up to $6000 sign on bonus based on
experience Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Troubleshoot, perform maintenance, and repairs to diesel, gas
and electrically driven equipment.(mobile cranes, forklifts,
generators, diesel welders, diesel air compressors, hydraulic
hoists, electric air compressors, etc)
- Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s)
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules, including wearing required personal safety
equipment. Performs other duties and activities as required.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive
maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades;
controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Complies with federal and state requirements by testing engine,
safety, and combustion control standards
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating
instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;
performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Corrects deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting,
overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major
assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as,
power and drive trains, electrical, fuel, emission, hydraulics;
making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear
tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control
linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to
determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or
- Disassembles and repairs defective equipment or systems.
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Be able to distinguish colors.
- Complete work orders to document repairs to equipment
- Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc. Responsible
for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
Performs other duties as required.Basic Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent, valid driver's license with
driving record within company established parameters 18 years of
age or older
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, ability to pass pre-employment
physical and drug screen
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment
- Minimum 2- 5 years of experienceCompany Overview:McDermott is a
premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and
construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a
century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build
end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions-from the
wellhead to the storage tank-to transport and transform oil and gas
into the products the world needs today.
Keywords: CB&I, Joliet , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Kankakee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!