Company: CSL Behring
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The person in this role will have the responsibility for a
machine or group of machines (system) to ensure it continues to
meet the needs of CSL Behring internal customers. The focus of this
role will be to directly drive improvements, reduce wastes, and
apply engineering principles/knowledge within a manufacturing
department to continuously improve safety, technical compliance,
and equipment/process reliability.Responsibilities:1 Serves as the
technical lead and supports the specification, installation,
utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for
assigned manufacturing/site area.
- Understands the functionality and operation of the
- Responsible for the current and future design of the
- Accountable for keeping technology current.
- Identifies and implements best demonstrated practices (via
Communities of Practice or other methods).
- Owns SOP/work instructions for operating system/equipment.
- Develops training and troubleshooting guides
- Has system knowledge of multiple refrigeration systems and is
proficient with industrial layouts of refrigeration equipment, and
hydronic heat of rejection piping systems2 Ensure the technical
reliability as well as the safety of production facilities in the
assigned manufacturing department. Work to improve equipment
reliability as measured by Operational Equipment Effectiveness
- Evaluates and updates PMs to keep system performance
- Implements and monitors predictive maintenance of the system to
prevent breakdowns of the system.
- Implements and monitors TPM to ensure the system stays in
like-new condition3 Works collaboratively with multiple functional
areas such as EHS, Quality, Process Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Ensures the system can be operated safely by the
- Minimizes quality deviations and discards associated with the
- Maximizes efficiency/OEE, yield, output, & capacity of the
- Updates maintenance and calibration plans collaborating with
the expert groups4 Providing data analysis to identify technical
changes and replacement investments based on de-bottlenecking and
long-term, obsolescence strategies.
- Prevents obsolesce of system parts and components that can
impact safety, quality, and reliability.
- Oversees reconditioning of the equipment to restore to like-new
- Performs upgrades to improve safety, operational performance,
and extend operational life.
- Develops end-of-life replacement plan for the system to ensure
reliable supply to our patients.
- Collaborates with local and global partners to develop asset
management plan that includes capital requests.5 Ensure equipment
and processes are compliant with the government regulations. Acts
as equipment SME during internal or external Regulatory
inspections.6 Foster a culture of continuous improvement through
employee selection, training and mentoring while focusing on
operational efficiency and the elimination of "non-value added"
activities.7 Provide a positive and equitable working environment
emphasizing the CSL Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity,
Collaboration, and Superior Performance.8 Complies with
requirements from CSL Behring's Safety Program, including Health
and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.9 Completes any other
duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. In
lieu of a Bachelor degree: An Associate Degree in a related field,
Military training in a related field or extensive supervisory
experience in the Maintenance field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience and a BS
- 1+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Audit and Investigation Skills, Report Writing Skills.
- Strong verbal, technical writing and interpersonal skills are
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of the FDA and cGMP standards
as well as regulatory guidance documents.Competencies:
- Instills Trust
- Drives Results
- Situational Adaptability
- Communication Effectively
- Drives EngagementOur BenefitsWe encourage you to make your
well-being a priority. It's important and so are you. Learn more
about how we care at CSL.About CSL BehringCSL Behring is a global
leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that
treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer
promise for people in more than 100 countries living with
conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and
metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn
more about CSL Behring.We want CSL to reflect the world around usAs
a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces
diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at
CSL.Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
Keywords: CSL Behring, Joliet , Refrigeration Engineer, Engineering , Kankakee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!