Principle Siemens Automation Engineer (Value Stream Recipe Owner), Fractionation
Company: CSL Behring
Posted on: November 19, 2021
About UsWith operations in 35+ nations and -27,000 employees
worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of
lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and
primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our
therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation
and burn treatment.CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and
Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein
biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market
biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL
Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors
of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus
is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and
is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major
contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.We
invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities
available around the globe and consider building your promising
future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!Job
- System maintenance, optimization, and upgrade projects related
to the Recipe Driven Architecture and Support Systems in the
Fractionation process including: Incident tracking, remediation and
improvement associated with the Fractionation Value Stream.
- Adherence to and enforcement of the global strategy & scope by
maintaining/delivering/implementing the required process control
within the DCS/PCS, MES and PLC systems for both new and legacy
- Alignment of the system with the Global Execution Systems
approach within Manufacturing Operations.
- Technical project ownership for all Execution Systems related
project deliverables including oversight & review of
contractors/integrators work during support projects.
- Ownership of the process recipe and configuration across the
Fractionation MES, PCS, and supporting package units.
- 24/7 and/or on-call Manufacturing support of the facilities
with the goal of maximizing facility uptime.
- Incident tracking, remediation and improvement associated with
the Fractionation Value StreamThis scope will also include aligning
and coordinating the definition of the required hardware with the
System Owner; including the development of the software, and system
coordination with the required project schedule to enable
Commissioning and Validation of the Process Systems. Further, to
coordinate and troubleshoot interfaces with the Data Historian,
Data Acquisition Systems, Building Management Systems, Central
Alarm Management System, Manufacturing Control Network, and
Enterprise applications.The role will be responsible to implement
modifications related to the process improvements, changes,
support, and maintenance of the Fractionation Systems.Principal
Accountabilities: Chief accountability for Siemens PCS7, SIMIT, and
OpCenter installation for the Fractionation Recipe:
- Provides Primary support for the Siemens PCS7 module
troubleshooting and optimization.
- Provides Primary support for the Siemens Batch Recipe
troubleshooting, maintenance, and updates.
- Provides support for the Siemens OpCenter team coordinating
investigation and change control
- Provides support to ancillary systems (LIMS, SAP) for data
exchange the control system.
- Works with the global team to coordinate recipe object library
- Be the primary Siemens point of contact for the Fractionation
(Building 33) execution system for the Value Stream Process Owners
and Manufacturing staff to ensure the overall recipe function and
implementation meets Engineering and Manufacturing requirements for
the operation of the plant.
- Aligns and reviews deliverables from the different execution
system work packages as a Recipe Owner.
- Ensures the right technical prioritization on support
activities. Works closely together with respective Department
Manager to ensure deliverables are ready in time for the different
milestones throughout operations.
- Responsible for ensuring an understanding of the current
Manufacturing processes within the value stream, working in
collaboration with the value stream network.
- Writes & reviews Process system documentation as defined by the
project. Participates in the creation & testing of software.
Troubleshoots and corrects as needed.
- Perform Project Manager Role on an interim basis. Ensuring that
project work is completed within budget and on schedule and in
accordance with the project management methodology as defined in
- Installation and configuration to the ISA-S88/S95 standard
following Project phases: Requirements definition, detailed design
generation, software configuration, system integration and
- Electrical/Network drawing interpretation, redlining, and
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram interpretation, redlining,
- Participates in the creation of Fractionation MES/PCS
optimization and corrective change controls.
- Responsible for ES investigations and CAPAs.
- Collaborates with other disciplines across the site to ensure
overall coordination of the tasks and consistency in execution
- Seeks opportunities for optimization of the design, programming
and test activities within the Execution System scope.
- Responsible for ownership of change management associated with
Equipment and Processes on the Execution Systems with engagement
with the global value stream recipe owner
- Develop validation test cases and perform testing of controls
- Supports the coordination of Fractionation MES/PCS Support and
Optimization, with fellow automation engineers to balance workload
across the group.
- Interfaces with customer groups of local and global
Fractionation to ensure we are supporting, executing, and
delivering in accordance with Global Engineering Procedures and
Execution Systems standards, including Recipe Driven Execution,
Quality, Facilities, Engineering, MFG, and EHS&S.
- Builds strong relationships with the customer base and
cross-functional engineering teams to set the proper expectations
for project delivery.Position Requirements: Education:
- Bachelor of Science Engineering or other Science discipline/
Computer Science, or Management Information Systems.Related
- 8 years' practical leadership experience in pharmaceutical
industry including direct management experience in Manufacturing,
Engineering or Execution Systems/Automation; 5 years or more
working experience with Siemens PCS7/Batch systems design and
- Considerable knowledge in the lifecycle manufacturing process
(preferably in the related value stream)
- Specific experience in process automation, MES and batch
manufacturing industry standards (ISA S88 &S95).
- Hands on experience in Recipe and Workflow Authoring (e.g.:
Base Fractionation, Mfg., Packaging) and on experience in
configuring master data and equipment in MES.
- Direct experience designing, building, deploying and supporting
automation and execution systems in a regulated large-scale
process-based manufacturing environment.
- Experience in running site-based shop floor systems in a
globally distributed footprint is highly desirable.
- Experience in Process Excellence methodology is desirable, but
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all organizational levels
through clear, concise and impactful verbal and written
communication skills.Special Training:
- Must have demonstrated capability for technical leading of
complex DCS/PCS /Automation projects with integrated MES systems
initial development through validation of the facility
- Demonstrated capability for Siemens PCS7, Simatic Batch, TIA
Portal, and Simatic Manager is strongly recommended.
- Siemens OpCenter and SIMIT programming and troubleshooting
knowledge is desired.
- Must have demonstrated capability for Rockwell Automation PLC
Logic Development and troubleshooting.
- OSI PI systems knowledge is strongly recommended.
- Basic Networking troubleshooting and development practices in
accordance with ISA 95 is required.
Keywords: CSL Behring, Joliet , Principle Siemens Automation Engineer (Value Stream Recipe Owner), Fractionation, Engineering , Kankakee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!