Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors is now hiring! We have an
opening for a Capital Projects Instrument Engineer onsite The
primary responsibility of the Capital Projects Instrument Engineer
role is to support Capital Projects at our client site in
Millsdale, IL. The role's responsibilities include reviewing of
Capital Projects and being a site subject matter expert familiar
with the site specifications, relevant codes, accepted industry
standards, recognized best practices, and to assist Project
Managers, particularly during construction.-- Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering with applicable experience in
Instrumentation, Automation, or Process Controls
- 10+ Years' Experience in related field
- Experience with Hazardous Location Installations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Check sizing and selection of instruments.
- Check instrument specification sheets for purchase.
- Check control narrative, cause and effect diagrams, etc.
- Check ranges, and alarm and trip set points.
- Check SIS Safety Requirement Specification and SIL
- Check Devicenet calculations.
- P&IDs (review technology, asset identification, process
connections, symbology and control strategy depiction).
- Check cable and panel location (and availability) from drawing
to drawing for consistency and completeness. Ensure all power,
control, and signal wiring is identified and confirmed. Verify
drawing references (P&IDs, connections, panel drawings, loop
sheets, and schematics) are correct.
- Check instrument design deliverables provided by Contractor
(instrument location plans, cable/cable tray routing, cable
schedules, panel drawings, schematics, loop sheets, power and
grounding diagrams, installation details, loop folders, etc.).
- Confirm post construction as-built redlines and check as-built
deliverables provided by contractor.
- Support project procurement activities:
- Witness or participate in (FAT, SAT, inspection hold points,
performance tests, ensure QA/QC processes and documentation.
- Support project construction activities:
- Ensure QA/QC processes and documentation.
- Participate in instrument PSSR.
- Assist in developing of commissioning/loop check plans and
- Assist in troubleshooting.
- Assist in maintaining accurate site records and documentation
(instrument specification sheets, loop sheets, panel drawings,
- Check Instrument info and ensure consistent with
- Review loop sheet for signal path and Tag names - Highlight
questions for Controls Resource.
- Verify IO locations on loop drawings are available on
- Ensure all electrical sources are identified and
- Participate in vendor/contractor site visits or provide field
information as needed.
- Interface with Engineering Contractor to confirm makes and
models, preferred technology, etc.
- Participate in MOC / Safety Design Review Meeting. Recommend
- Participate in PHA/LOPA
- Confirm specifications (FEL 1/2 activity).
- Understand equipment history.
- Work with and align with Process Controls group:
- Scheduling loops in the field
- Functional Controls Descriptions
- Coordinate with site maintenance and reliability personnel to
ensure equipment selection and reliability plans .
- Assist with plant troubleshooting.
- Provide Instrumentation Specifications and specify sensors to
fit application. Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Networked instrumentation, specifically HART
I/O, Ethernet I/O, Devicenet I/O
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC 5, SLC and Control Logix I/O
cards and wiring
- Electrical calculations including device coordination and
- Low voltage power distribution system design and layout
- ISA Certified Automation Professional
- ISA Control Systems Technician or equivalent Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Ability
to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Joliet , Senior Instrumentation Engineer, Engineering , Elwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!