BIM Quality Technician
Company: IMI Norgren LLC
Location: University Park
Posted on: February 21, 2021
IMI Norgren LLC Full Time Hourly Technical University Park, IL,
US 1083About Us:
Norgren is part of global engineering organization IMI plc. IMI is
at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in a changing
world and is focused on creating tremendous value by solving key
industry problems in attractive markets and working with the
Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative engineering
solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology, and we
collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in
critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail,
Energy, Process Control, Life Science and Commercial Vehicles.
Perform duties to provide quality assurance technical support to
manufacturing and responsible for maintaining product/process
quality. The focus of this position will be on continual
improvement of existing processes and supporting
development/validation of new processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to product quality and
compliance with quality manual and its governing regulations.
- Participate in problem solving efforts as a representative and
coordinator of the quality management system.
- Analyze and interpret data from all quality system reporting
tools, develop conclusions, and recommend subsequent actions.
- Participate in continuous improvement and strategic planning
- Conduct audits of the entire quality management system in order
to report on conformance, perform product sample checks, and also
ensure quality process is followed.
- Work with suppliers, on site as necessary, to assist purchasing
department to resolve various quality related problems.
- Advise and recommend measuring techniques, procedures, and
- Investigate and identifies causes of material deficiencies and
makes recommendations for correcting non-conforming product.
- Develop and continually improve data collection systems used in
measuring conformance to quality management system.
- Update and prepare documentation of operating procedures.
- Work directly with customer to resolve quality issue, if
- May be required to perform duties of IMI quality inspector and
working out of multiple IMI facilities.Qualifications:
- Two (2) years working in QA/ manufacturing environment
- Certification – CQT (Certify Quality Technician) / Acquire CQT
certification within 1 year from date of hire.
- Experience using a wide variety of measuring instruments, such
as: micrometers, calipers, comparators (optical), Rockwell Harness
Tester, plug gages, thread gages, profilometers and CMM (Applicants
can be tested).
- Must be able to travel amongst IMI facilities as needed.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer, including
Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to utilize problem-solving techniques/tools.
- Experience providing training and work direction to
others.Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience utilizing more advanced measuring equipmentNorgren
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be
considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.PI130131904
Keywords: IMI Norgren LLC, Joliet , BIM Quality Technician, Engineering , University Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!