Fumigation Pest Control Technician
Posted on: February 14, 2020
- Utility Fumigation Specialist??Whether you are importing or
exporting produce, pallets or logs, we have licensed fumigation
experts at major seaports and inland locations across the U.S.?The
work of providing high quality fumigation services aligns with the
broader Ecolab Mission?to take on some of the world?s most
meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe
food, abundant energy and healthy environments??What?s in it For
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
company that is passionate about
growth.?Abundant?advancement?opportunities within the Pest Division
and across broader Ecolab?
- This position offers?paid training?and assistance to obtain all
- Eligible for?benefits DAY 1?of employment?for you and
your?eligible?family members?? Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k?with
company match?and Pension??
- Work collaboratively?with?a team of Fumigation Experts?in
a?physically?active?work environment???What You Will Do:??In this
role you will be trained?with the appropriate individuals to be
able to perform the following duties:???
- Assist with the complete fumigation process, including but not
limited to sealing, tarping, introduction of fumigant, conducting
readings, and aerating/de-gassing?facilities??
- Use hand-held gas monitoring equipment to conduct readings???
- Read, understand, and follow labels and SDS forms for hazardous
chemicals?used during services provided??
- Effectively communicate with clients as needed??
- Inspect, maintain, and utilize Personal Protection Equipment
- Follow proper safety guidelines, including but not limited to
specified Target Solutions training, OSHA mandated guidelines, and
all client specified guidelines??
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager or Master Fumigator
II.???Position Details:?This is a full-time position with an
expected?workweek?of 40 or more hours.????Minimum Qualifications:??
- High School diploma or equivalent??
- Must be 18 years of age or older??
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable motor vehicle record,
and drive and maintain a company vehicle and equipment in clean and
- Ability?to obtain?required?fumigation certifications and
licenses?pursuant to country or state/local laws.??
- Anticipate?50% or more overnight travel??
- Must be able to work an overnight shift?as needed?
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as
- Ability to communicate?effectively in English, verbally and in
- Must pass a background check?
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role???Physical
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a
variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty
locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.??
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the
position which include?sitting, standing, walking, moving,
climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and
pulling, talk and hear.??
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator.??
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.????
- Ability to understand product labels, compute and mix accurate
concentrations of???chemicals, and follow all label
- Ability to use all equipment involved in?fumigation?management
services, including electronic devices for recording and reporting
- Computer Skills: Database software (including industry-specific
software), company network-based and ?cloud?-based applications,
smart phones, Microsoft Office, and other electronic devices used
to access information and enter data.??AttachmentsBusiness Process
HistoryOur Commitment to Diversity and InclusionAt Ecolab, we
believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a
journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and
achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of
associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and
provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual
qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting
employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and
opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any
associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion,
color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information,
marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.In
addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
what matters.We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles? Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab, Joliet , Fumigation Pest Control Technician, Engineering , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!